41-Year-Old Dies of Electric Shock in Central Kashmir

SRINAGAR: A 41-year-old man died of electric shock while cutting grass on his land in the Beerwah area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Thursday, officials said.

An official that the man received an electric shock when he suddenly came in contact with a live wire.

“He was immediately rushed to a nearby health centre, where he was pronounced dead,” he said.

He has been identified as Imtiyaz Ah Dar (41), son of Mohammad Sultan Dar of Chewdara Beerwah.

Meanwhile, locals held a protest outside the hospital premises, alleging negligence on the part of the Power Development Department (PDD) as transmission lines are lying low, posing a threat to lives.

Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *